"Hey fellas. If you had the opportunity to experience what it is like to give birth and have a menstrual cycle for one week, would you do it? I think it would be kinda cool... "
"One of the things I want to do in life is bartend. Once I memorize the ingredients to at least 6 drinks, I will host my very own Cocktail Party at my house I will have finger foods, music, and plenty of drinks... alcoholic & non-alcoholic. All I need to do is purchase my bartending tools."
oh what a feeling...
[Liz & EJ]
Last night was awesome, definitely one of my favorite photoshoots to date. Everyone came together and made magic. It was Jaime & Wanthy from 1st Impressions Studio, D. Bright of Goddess of Harvest Vintage Shop, myself as the hairstylist, Sandra G. as the make up artist, and our beautiful model Karmin. Barbie Bibiana and a few others were also in attendance. I can't wait to see the photos! Also, Stussy's own JuJu came to help out & added the special BANG that we needed by creating a mini shoot for AnmlHse. Jaime & I set the alarms off. Just sayin... *wink*
Check out their clothing online & latest project here
So Ron found a lot of old photos of us. These are from Northwestern High School's 2006 Fashion Show. We were some bammas but this was a great show!
Ron was definitely the best male model... sheesh! Modeling acessories, dress made by me =)
I believe I was wearing Tristen Blake's line
"The slang that I speak don't change that I'm deep"
I agree with that quote J but my girl Dana [photoed above] makes an extremely valid point. Here's a snippet of a blog post that caught my full attention. Click HERE for the entire post.
"I was raised in a home where wrong words were corrected and right words were praised...OKAY! I do also find that in the black community that speaking well is looked down upon a lot and it shouldn't be. We should be honored to have African-Americans that can speak well and are educated...."
So if you don't know already, or if you even care to know, my hair is all natural. People always ask me what exactly it is that I do to my hair. Well, I usually beautify my hair every three weeks and get my ends trimmed every two months. Here's the process.
1. Before washing my hair, I comb it out to avoid matting. I then wash it twice with the DooGro Tingling Growth Shampoo. I prefer stimulating/tingling products because they really open the pores to deep cleanse, condition, and moisturize the hair.
2. This is the most important step... the crack. I towel dry my hair then part it into about 6 sections and spread the Organic's Hair Mayonnaise in it, combing with a paddle brush. Never ever brush wet hair. It can cause major breakage & split ends.
3. Depending on what month it is, I crack a raw egg, whip it good, then add that on my hair. This adds protein and helps bring out your hairs natural shine. I place a plastic cap on my head & let it sit for about 30min. Sitting under a dryer is recommended but optional.
4. I rinse the crack out with warm water then spread the DooGro Growth Repair Conditioner in it. I comb through it with a wide tooth comb then add in the DooGro Leave-In Growth Treatment.
5. Letting your hair air dry is recommended but optional. I get impatient sometimes so I end up blow-drying it then using the ceramic flat irons to straighten it. I use the DooGro Mega Thick Growth Oil & a little curl wax for my edges and VAWLA!
Side Note: Its good to be consistent with one brand because every product does something different, they can't all be mixed. I recommend the DooGro System, obviously. LOL
This is by far one of the coolest tattoos I've seen. I've always wanted something similar. Well, on my left leg... Photo courtesy of Ali. Geezy Peep her blog here!
-Today is the first day of 2010 that I've eaten Popeyes. It was super but I know my limits.
-Kendall is such a free spirited, sexy lil person who means a lot to me. What makes my smile even wider is that my girls like him. I'm so thankful.
-If Sandra slams that damn door of hers one more time, Imma slap her. *blank stare* I'm going to miss her slamming her door when she moves =(
-I always feel like the preacher of the day is talking directly to me during the sermon so I pay more attention. That's God.
-I realize how much I truly care for my brother and sisters every time I see them.
-I couldn't imagine BOTH my girls leaving the state for good without me but I won't stress. Some people, like me, are content with where & how they live.
-Don't you hate it when there's a piece of hair tickling you somewhere on your back but you can't reach it. ugh! That's what's happening to me right now.
-I be rappin like shit... but people listen =)
-I love planning in advance, it gives me hope. I have a great Valentines gift for you & it ain't shoes baby! LOL
Sandra, Barbie, & I had a little camera fun Friday night.
Barbie styled my outfit by the way
Here are my favorites of Sandra G.
And the beautiful Barbie doll...
Okay so everyone knows
I love love LOVE
Ryan Leslie & JCole
I mean, who wouldn't? They're both very educated & extremely talented when it comes to artistry. Ryan, who graduated from Harvard University and delivered the Harvard Oration at the ceremony, has the gift to literally do it ALL himself & create magic. Jermaine [JCole], who has an incredible form of wordplay that will blow your mind.
I really do listen and observe every artist who grabs my attention. Looks are the last thing I am concerned with so please, don't say, "ewww they're not even cute" OR "you're such a groupie" because YOU sound stupid.
Don't ever try to play me like that.
I've officially been proven that some guys don't know what they had until IAM gone.
Soooooooooo I haven't blogged in forever.
I've been, slacking & its not cool.
So much shit has happened so... yeah.
Introducing New Years 2010!!!